Friday, December 24, 2010

Community Evaluations, Week 2

Our second week of community evaluations was pretty similar to the first.  We encountered many of the same problems the second week as we did the first, this time along the Amazon River instead of the Napo River.  Of course there were some communities that were incredibly organized, taking full advantage of the support that CONAPAC offers. 

The CONAPAC Evaluation Team at Ceiba Tops

This time we stayed for 3 nights at Explorama Lodge, and 2 nights at Ceiba Tops Lodge.  It was great to be back at Explorama, I hadn't been there since July, and Ceiba Tops is always a treat, we even had a little free time to enjoy the pool.

With Martha, James, and Tito
We also went to the city of Indiana to celebrate one of the team member's birthdays.  Here in Iquitos everyone likes to drink their beer with a little Coca-cola in it!  I tried it, lets just say it's not for me.  It's really sweet, I don't know why anyone would do that to their beer! 


Celebrating in Indiana
I had a wonderful time working with the CONAPAC team, I got to meet a lot of new people and visit a lot of new places!




No comments:

Post a Comment